Logotype firmy Sparta Loyalty

Prescription for Success: Loyalty Programs in Ukrainian Pharmacies During the War

Loyalty Programs in Ukrainian Pharmacies During the War
Since the commencement of the war, Ukrainian businesses have been grappling with immense challenges. According to data from the Ukrainian Retail Association, the number of functioning retail outlets has declined by a staggering 30%, while the remaining 70% operate in a limited capacity.

Sparta Loyalty has recently inked a deal with the significant Ukrainian pharmacy chain Бажаємо Здоровʼя “Życzymy zdrowia” (Wishing you health) to introduce a loyalty program. The chain operates around 1,000 outlets and has opted for the Polish-based firm’s innovative solution.

Since the commencement of the war, Ukrainian businesses have been grappling with immense challenges. According to data from the Ukrainian Retail Association, the number of functioning retail outlets has declined by a staggering 30%, while the remaining 70% operate in a limited capacity.

In such trying times, sustaining the operation of pharmacies and grocery stores is paramount. Pharmacy owners have transferred their employees to locations closer to their residences, and the government has even permitted final-year students to work in pharmacies. As a result, the number of outlets decreased by only 16% in the first few weeks of the war. Logistical predicaments within the country have led to a reduction in the assortment of medicines. Insulin and preparations for patients with chronic diseases are in short supply.

In such specific conditions, fast and direct communication and customer cooperation have proven to be crucial. Providing up-to-date information on whether a particular outlet is operational and whether necessary medicines are available helps run the business and ensure proper customer service.

Loyalty programs, which pharmacies in Ukraine implement, facilitate identifying customer needs and direct communication with them. The  Бажаємо Здоровʼя network has partnered with Sparta Loyalty in this area to realize this objective.

We hope that the current situation is temporary, that this nightmare will end quickly. We monitor the situation and try to help our partners as much as possible, mainly technologically. Ukrainian companies, despite the war, are looking for new solutions to help them run their business and facilitate communication with customers. Such activities drive the country’s economy, create additional jobs, and provide hope for a better tomorrow. That’s why companies opt for loyalty programs that work in crises. They helped many companies during the COVID-19 pandemic and now in times of war,” says Sparta Loyalty CEO Tomasz Wawrzynów.

Loyalty programs work best in industries that offer fast-moving products that are constantly needed, such as the pharmaceutical industry. Medicines, medical products, and cosmetics are purchased systematically. Knowing how many products have been sold and who bought them allows for building long-term relationships with customers, reminding them of promotions, and offering advantageous discounts.

Thanks to data from loyalty programs, it is possible to create individual promotions for each customer based on their purchasing preferences. A program is also a tool for direct communication, which the seller can use to present an offer tailored to the participant’s needs. This is particularly important in the pharmaceutical industry.

“Now more than ever, we want to help our customers and offer them the best possible conditions,” says the management of Бажаємо Здоровʼя. We are implementing a loyalty system that will allow us to understand our customers and their needs better. The loyalty program will enable us to establish better relationships and communication with people who come to our pharmacies. We have chosen a solution that has already proven successful in the Ukrainian market and the pharmaceutical industry to ensure that our customers receive what they expect most.” 

Sparta Loyalty’s systems are currently in use in many companies in Ukraine, including restaurants, petrol stations, pharmacies, and shops.

Doing business with companies in a country affected by military operations involves risks. We felt this in the first months after the outbreak of the war. However, we did not withdraw from cooperation with Ukrainian companies. The conditions in which we now live will strengthen not only our customers but loyalty programs The fact that businesses in Ukraine have been facing enormous challenges since the beginning of the war is no secret. According to the Ukrainian Retail Association, the number of functioning retail outlets has decreased by a staggering 30%, while the remaining 70% have had to operate at limited capacity. The situation is dire, but amidst all this turmoil, one company is stepping up to the plate to provide much-needed support to Ukrainian businesses,” – says Alexander Kubicki, Marketing Director for Sparta Loyalty.

With its headquarters in Krakow, Poland, Sparta Loyalty has recently signed a contract to implement a loyalty program with Бажаємо Здоровʼя a significant player in the Ukrainian pharmacy market operating in around 1,000 outlets. As Ukrainian businesses continue to face unprecedented challenges, Sparta Loyalty’s timely intervention could not have come at a better time.

Despite the war raging in Ukraine, it was crucial to maintain the operation of pharmacies and grocery stores. Pharmacy owners had to transfer employees to locations closer to their residences, while the government even allowed students in their final year of study to work in pharmacies. As a result, the number of outlets decreased by only 16% in the first weeks of the war.

However, logistical problems within the country reduced the assortment of medicines, with insulin and preparations for patients with chronic diseases needing more supply. In these complicated and specific conditions, fast and direct communication and customer cooperation proved crucial. Providing up-to-date information on whether a given outlet is operating and whether necessary medicines are available helped run the business and ensure proper customer service.

This is where loyalty programs come in handy. They help pharmacies in Ukraine identify customer needs and organize direct communication with them. For Бажаємо Здоровʼя “Życzymy zdrowia,” a loyalty program was essential to better understand their customers’ needs and establish better relationships and contact with people who visit their pharmacies. Sparta Loyalty’s loyalty systems, which are currently used by many companies in Ukraine, including restaurants, petrol stations, pharmacies, and shops, are specifically designed to support managing and operating loyalty programs for various industries based on the proprietary platform of the Sparta Loyalty Program.

Tomasz Wawrzynów, CEO of Sparta Loyalty, aptly says, “We hope that the current situation is temporary, that this nightmare will end quickly. We monitor the situation and try to help our partners as much as possible, mainly technologically. Ukrainian companies, despite the war, are looking for new solutions to help them run their business and facilitate communication with customers. Such activities drive the country’s economy, create additional jobs, and provide hope for a better tomorrow. That’s why companies opt for loyalty programs that work in crises. They helped many companies during the COVID-19 pandemic and now in times of war.

Loyalty programs work best in industries that offer fast-moving products that are constantly needed, such as the pharmaceutical industry. Medicines, medical products, and cosmetics are purchased systematically. Knowing how many products have been sold and who bought them allows for building long-term customer relationships, reminding them of promotions, and offering advantageous discounts. Thanks to data from loyalty programs, it is possible to create individual promotions for each customer based on their purchasing preferences.

As the war continues to take a toll on Ukrainian businesses, developing knowledge about customer preferences and providing personalized services to maintain customer relationships is vital. This is where loyalty programs come in, and Sparta Loyalty’s timely intervention is commendable. Despite the risks associated with doing business in a country affected by military action, Sparta Loyalty did not withdraw from cooperation with Ukrainian companies, believing that the current conditions would strengthen its clients and the company.

In conclusion, implementing the Sparta Loyalty program with Бажаємо Здоровʼя is a commendable initiative that speaks to the resilience and determination of Ukrainian businesses to overcome challenges in the face of war and crisis. By leveraging the power of data-driven loyalty programs, the pharmacy chain can better understand its customers’ needs, provide tailor-made promotions, and build lasting relationships.

Sparta Loyalty’s track record of success in Ukraine across various industries underscores the company’s commitment to innovation and excellence in delivering loyalty program solutions. Such efforts help companies maintain their operations, contribute to the country’s economic growth, create new jobs, and provide hope for a better future.

As Ukrainian businesses navigate these challenging times, they should continue seeking new solutions and technologies that enable them to serve their customers better and thrive in the face of adversity. The partnership between Sparta Loyalty and Бажаємо Здоровʼя is an inspiring example of how such initiatives can drive progress and fuel success amid the turmoil.

Share:
More Posts:
Sparta Loyalty and SerwerSMS

Sparta Loyalty and SerwerSMS

Welcome to an enlightening dialogue featuring Blazej Pawlar, Partnerships and Marketing Manager at SerwerSMS, and myself, representing the forefront of marketing innovation. Today, we embark on a journey through the dynamic landscape of marketing strategies

16th Edition March 2024

16th Edition March 2024

Our March Newsletter is here! 🚨 🚀 🎉 Marketer+ unveils its annual guide to LOYALTY INNOVATIONS! 🌟 Explore insights from Alexander Kubicki CLMP™ MBA, our Head of Marketing and International Sales at Sparta Loyalty, as he delves into

Book Your Demo!

Discover how Sparta Loyalty can elevate
your loyalty program.

Discover how Sparta Loyalty can elevate your loyalty program.

I agree to receiving information about the offers by e-mail, sms, phone call. I realize that I may cancel my agreement at any moment with no influence over data processing which took place so far. For more information see Privacy Policy.

Zamów demo!

Sprawdź, jak Sparta Loyalty może ulepszyć
Twój program lojalnościowy.

Sprawdź, jak Sparta Loyalty może ulepszyć Twój program lojalnościowy.